Monday 2 December 2013

Reason to Pray

Prayer is truly divine--but I find it very difficult to pray sometimes. It's that paradigm switch from thinking of prayer as a last resort--a "Dear God, help me!"-- to thinking of prayer as a first resort. But one of the things I have definitely been learning since starting our ministry work with MAF is that prayer is our lifeline. It's our fuel. It's absolutely preposterous to try to drive the car of ministry without prayer, and totally life-giving when we take things first to God.

The MAF Ministry Partnership manual has this verse in it: "Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." Psalm 127:1.

I love this verse. How true it is! Thinking back ... I can see the truth in this verse in so many areas of my life. And looking to the here and now, it is a great reminder that I need to be in constant communication with God during my work day. I need to lift up our ministry--the joys, the issues, the big and little obstacles, the donors, the friends, the prayer partners, the family. I need to lift up our needs, our wants, our dreams, our fears.

If you are reading this, I hope you will take some time to pray for us today, this week, this month, this year. It might seem like a small thing--maybe even trivial. But I will tell you the truth ... when I go out for a walk in the morning and pray, or when I'm struggling with doubt, or when I'm stressed about something that may or may not be important--I (we) need your prayers. I wait for them. I thirst for them. Like I said, they are life-giving ... and they really are felt. Thanks to everyone who has already been praying for us--and thank you if you are praying right now!! :)

Oh--and if you're wondering what to pray for, there's a list over here on the right. You can also pray for Marcel's sanity as he deals with such a crazy wife like me. :)

~Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment