Monday 17 August 2015

Musings from a shed ... from the desk (iPad) of Marcel

Aug 13, 2015

I am at WIRED 2015 right now, currently locked in the canoe equipment shed, and it's probably the first time in a while where I actually can't do anything but just wait. This time, the waiting means for a group of 60 jr highs to find a key to unlock this shed so I can get out. Yes, I am literally locked in here with a bag of chips, chocolate covered coffee beans, a bottle of water, and my iPad. As Dave sets off fireworks, I figured this was good time to write a few simple notes. 

1. Camp is exhausting, but in the best way possible. It's fun, tiring, and when you sleep, you sleep reeeeeal good. When you mix that with the notice that September will be a month of travelling to Washington - Munich - France - Toronto - Windhoek - Angola, you are going to feel overwhelmed. 


2. When you're overwhelmed, it's okay to vent, cry, and whatever else you have do. You will also be able to count on your friends to help you through. I realize through this process, I will be overwhelmed many times. Jesus is faithful and will not leave me to fend for myself.

3. The word of God is true and living (as Pastor Travis has been speaking on this week. Romans 8:18 hit me this week - "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." No matter how hard this week, the next two months, next 4 years, will be, it will always be worth it when compared to the glory of Christ.


I can't wait to see what the next little while brings, and the experiences that will come with it. I know that there is a lot to give up, but a whole lot more to gain. For now, I don't even mind how long it takes for those kids to find that key to get me out of this shed. This solitary confinement (if I can call it that) has been worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment