Monday 5 May 2014

Renewed Passion

Yesterday, God refreshed my heart in an unexpected way. Yesterday was Compassion Sunday at our church, and I was a bit sad, because I was really just hoping for a "regular ole Sunday"--you know, sermon with a good message and some application.

Well--thankfully, I got a good message and application anyway. Message: there is a lot of poverty, a lot of hurt, and a huge mission field out there. Application: do something about it. Application to my life: although I can't adopt another Compassion child right now :(, our work through MAF is going to help so many organizations and people (like Compassion) do their work more effectively and reach the poor and needy! Not only that, but soon (oh so soon!) Marcel and I will be on the front lines of the mission field ourselves, coming face to face with many children, many of the poor, and Lord willing, offering our time and energy to them.


It might seem weird that seeing all the hurt and poverty still out there in the world refreshed my heart. But it did! Because sometimes I forget that we're going out to do something about it! Sometimes I forget that what we're doing is meaningful! Please don't mistake this as pride in what we're doing--rather, a renewed passion for our work. And I hope this inspires you to find a renewed passion in your life--that YOU, wherever you are, are needed there! There are hurt, lonely, hungry, poor, and lost people in your life, in your community, and you ARE needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment