Monday 27 July 2015

Visa Approval!

God is so good! A week and a half ago, we received the news we have been waiting many months for: Marcel's visa has been approved!

What does this mean?
  • We will likely be moving in the early fall ... possibly as early as September! 
  • We now can apply for Kelly and Ethan's visas, which should take considerably less time.
  • The rest you can watch in our latest edition of "Breakfast with the Boers"!
But before you do, can we just share a moment with you?

When we say God is so good, we don't just mean it in a trivial way. I feel like we throw that expression around a lot, "God is good ... He did this and that for me ..." as though God is only good when he does something for us. But He is good, all the time, and sometimes in ways that we wouldn't chose, or we don't like, or that seem totally out of whack with our timing. And waiting for this visa is one of those scenarios. I was not very happy about waiting. Ask me if I thought God was good, and I would say, "Of course!" because in my head I knew that. But in my heart ... I was not feeling it.

But that is the good, and HARD, truth about the God of the Bible. He doesn't ebb and flow like our emotions. He isn't good solely based off of our actions. He isn't good based off of our human standards. He is good in all things, because He is the source of all things good, He is truth, and He is love. His goodness provides us with what we need, when we need it, not according to our plans, but according to His. 

The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season. You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works. The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them. The LORD preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. (Psalm 145:15-20 ESV)

Thanks so much for your love and prayers while we waited (and continue to wait!) ... stay tuned! And now... here's Breakfast with the Boers!

1 comment:

  1. God is definitely good. I also experienced God's faithfulness when He approved my visa application. With the help of PNJG, they are also the reason behind of my success. Cheers. If you want to visit their website, click here http://pnjgconsulting.com/services/visa-services/

    ReplyDelete