Sunday 11 October 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Is it really Thanksgiving Weekend? The summer weather here sure doesn't feel anything like it.

We had dinner and some really good conversation with our neighbours next door last night. They - and many other staff - have been very helpful in the adjustment process here in Lubango.

One of the most surprising things I've learned so far is that leaving home comes with a grieving process. I believe it's healthy to let the emotions out when they come, just now to dwell in that. I couldn't really figure out why there is so much emotion in something like this, but now realize a big reason is that a part of me knows I will be a different person when we return. Kelly, Ethan, and I will be different had we stayed. everyone at home will be older, kids will have grown up... everything will just be a bit different partly due to experiences we will have here.

Sometimes change is something to be thankful for too. I expect to learn a lot from this experience, and trust that God will provide what we need when we need it most. Maybe I should be more thankful for that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment